Revealing about the beautiful and oversized model of Asian origin on the cover of a world famous magazine

Recently, America’s leading swimsuit magazine Sports Illustrated has announced 4 cover faces of the special issue of 2022, which are Kim Kardashian, singer Ciara, emerging model Yumi Nu and veteran “long legs” Maye Musk – the mother of the richest billionaire in the world Elon Musk.

Yumi Nu, 26 years old, is a Japanese-Dutch American model and singer-songwriter. Her mother, Kana Grace Nootenboom, is the daughter of a successful Japanese businessman. Yumi Nu is the niece of supermodel Devon Aoki and music producer Steve Aoki. Yumi Nu’s mother also worked as a model and she took her daughter to photo shoots when she was young.

The 1.8m tall beauty started modeling in 2010. She also wrote her first song in 2016 and later signed with her uncle’s record label.

Recently, the Asian-American beauty entered the business and succeeded when founding a fashion brand for fat people. She has appeared on the covers of American and Japanese and British Vogue. Yumi Nu posed for the first time for the prestigious Sports Illustrated swimsuit magazine in 2021 and in 2022, she becomes the first plus-size model of Asian origin to appear on the cover of this magazine.

After being featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine, the beautiful 9X model said: “It is a great honor to be featured in such a beautiful and comprehensive magazine. I am so proud to be making history with this magazine. as the first plus-size Sports Illustrated model from Asia to be on the cover of the magazine”.

The beauty added that being on the cover of a prestigious swimsuit magazine like this is an important milestone for her and those who look like her.

“For Asian-American women, there’s a lot of things that make them shy about showing off their bodies and feeling sexy. And I think for me, as a plus-size model, we have to fight. fighting things like that. I’m an oversized model of Asian descent. I want to do as much as I can to show others that we’re not small. I can confidently say, I’m beautiful.”

Model Yumi Nu also wants her story to help spread love and fight racism in America.

“In a time when so many people of Asian descent are attacked and racist, it’s important that Asians are heard and supported. Division and racism is so bad, it makes us sick. lost love and connection,” Yumi Nu said.

MJ Day, editor-in-chief of Sports Illustrated magazine added: “We’ve worked with so many great models, however, Yumi possesses the most confidence and appreciation for herself and her body that we’ve ever seen. She doesn’t hold herself to any traditional beauty standards and has always felt like a powerful, beautiful, sexy woman.”

As for Yumi Nu, she shared that she recently realized that she doesn’t have to work hard to please everyone.

“I feel like I need to change my mindset in my own life because I used to be someone who was always trying to please people. It was a very tiring way of life. I wanted to change to change my mind. being a people pleaser I put everyone else’s opinion on the pedestal and track how they feel about me I used to think a lot about whether this person likes me or dislikes me but in the end I realized that we don’t have to be like that and what other people say about us doesn’t really matter,” Yumi Nu confided.

Đăng nhận xét (0)
Mới hơn Cũ hơn